Harbor Freight has done an impeccable job in building the Badland over the years as they produce high-quality products that give most companies a run for their money. It is a winch manufacturer that sells winches at friendly prices but keeps your winches running efficiently and makes them last as long as possible, and you need to get the precise parts you need.
Unfortunately, unlike other winch brands, this Badland brand doesn't provide a lot of winch accessories. Still, the beauty of these winches is that they are compatible with various quality replacement parts. Fortunately, you will likely find a brand that does, and these will be compatible with Badland winch parts. So, which parts can be used with Badland winches? Dive in.
Top Rated Badlands Winch
Buy on Amazon
1. Mile Marker 19-52316-50 Synthetic Rope
- 50 ft. ATV winch synthetic rope hook
- Recommended for ATV winches 2,500 – 3,500 lbs.
- Breaking force: 4,600 lbs.
- Color: Mile Marker Orange and Black
- Synthetic Rope
Synthetic ropes are flexible and lighter than steel cables, and a synthetic winch rope with a hawse fairlead can reduce like 30-35lbs of the load from your vehicle's front. They are slightly less dangerous than steel cables when they break, and also, you can increase your rope's length to get more spools around your drum with its thin size.
Mile Marker synthetic rope is a 50 feet long 3/16-inch thick rope from the Badland brand with a breaking force of 4600 lbs, but it's recommended for use in ATVs and UTVs. Although it's not necessarily part of the winch parts, it is a great replacement part that comes in a signature Mile Marker black and orange color. Although this is not a super synthetic rope created by other manufacturers with super abrasion technology, it is still strong and qualifies as a perfect option for your Badland 2500 winch.
2. Poison Spyder 45-45-010 Aluminum Hawse Winch Fairlead
- CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- Provides a smooth surface to feed synthetic winch rope through...
- Semi-gloss black powder coat finish
- Poison Spyder logo CNC machined through the powder coat
- Stainless steel hardware & install instructions included
If you have opted for a synthetic rope such as the Mile Marker, then this Poison Spyder will make a perfect choice. The fairlead is not from the famous winch brands but is made from stainless steel, and this means even for the mounting hardware making the winch fairlead strong but lightweight. It has a smooth powder-coated surface with a semi-gloss black finish that is enough to feed a synthetic cable.
Poison Spyder winch fairlead accommodates 5/8 inch thick or thin synthetic cables, and you won't struggle to install this device because it includes an installation manual in the package.
3. Badland Winch Mounting Plate
- Bracket for fairlead and winch mounting
- Designed for our badland 2000 lb. and 3000 lb. ATV winches
- Heavy duty 6 gauge steel construction
- Tough powder coat finish to resist rust
Most Badland winches include a mounting plate for your winch, but you may have to buy it separately if your vehicle doesn't have one or include a mounting bracket. It's crucial to know whether your mounting hardware fits your vehicle's bumper and correctly positions your winch.
It's important to mount your winch correctly because it can damage it incorrectly, so you should install your mounting bracket as per your winching activity and vehicle's specifications. Also, check the compatibility with your vehicle before you make your purchase.
4. Wired Remote Control
A wired remote control should be your main priority apart from the wireless remote option when choosing a winch. A wireless remote is great for safety and convenience. Still, a wired remote is perfect under circumstances like the wireless remote stopped working or the battery died, so having a wired solution is a needed backup.
Harbor Freight wired remote control has a 12 ft long cord that helps you in emergencies. The sturdy remote features an ergonomic design control to give a more reliable winching experience. The wired remote is one of the winch accessories that can increase the versatility of your winch since it's designed strategically to support al Badland winches with a five-pin connection.
5. Wireless Remote Control
If you are struggling with your remote control and need replacement parts for your Badland winch, you should opt for this wireless remote control that will perfectly fit any model. This is one of the important Badland winch parts, and it comes with a remote and a weather-resistant receiver plug that one can connect to the controller box.
The Badland wireless remote is easy to set up, convenient, and simple to use, with a range of 50 feet, enabling you to operate your Badland winch from a longer distance. The Harbor Freight remote comes with two CR2032 lithium batteries and gives power-in and power-out control, so in case your batteries run out, keep some spares in your vehicle.
The range can extend up to 80 ft away if you have wide connectivity, and the winch remote receiver can mount to all Badland winches models. Notably, the remote needs a 7.5 Volts DC to trigger it, so if you use it for a 12-volt system, it will work, but it will not trigger unless you hit 7.5 volts if using a variable DC power supply.
What are Other Badland Winch Accessories May You Consider Purchasing?
6. Handlebar Control Switch
- [Application] - Standard 7 Pin switch, rated at 20amp/12v and...
- [High Quality Materials] - Made of strengthened plastic and...
- [Cool Illuminated Light] - Built in two premium LEDs emits cozy...
- [Design Style] - Black hard surface rocker,single pole double...
- [Package Included] - 1x 7 Pin Rocker Switch,1x jumper wires set,...
A handlebar switch is convenient for control, and it would be helpful in case of failure using a wireless remote control with a thumb operation. It uses a simple plug-and-play action and provides an ease in winching in and out with the push of a button but always be careful when installing any parts.
In addition, familiarize yourself with the part operation before you use it and always wear good heavy-duty leather gloves when working the winch parts.
7. Winch Cover
- Made of durable waterproof material with UV stabilized treatment,...
- Multiple locking systems with elastic band and two quick-clip...
- Winches cover can be protects winch from sun damage, flying...
- Every package bonus one free winch puller, for easy to pull the...
- Winch cover size: 15.5L x 8.5W x 7H inch. Fits most winches in...
Not all Badland winches are waterproof, and only the 3500 lb, ZXR 3500 lb, 5000 lb & APEX 12,000 lb winch models have a waterproof rating above IP66 protection, yet anything under IP67 is prone to rain damage or submerging. A good winch cover can withstand all the problematic weather conditions, protect the synthetic rope from the sun's UV exposure and keep the mud off to prevent it from getting into the rope strands, which can be damaging and abrasive to your cable.
8. Circuit Breaker
- Meet S.A.E. J1625, J1171, UL1500 (Ignition Protected)
- Surface Mount, protective stud insulator included
- Hi-Amp 150A Circuit Protector Breakes,manual reset button
- Housing is thermalplastic UL rated 94V0
- Manual Reset Circuit Breaker,can also be used as an on/off button...
A robust circuit breaker can help to prevent damage from a short circuit or an overload by interrupting the current flow. You should replace the stock circuit breaker from your Harbor Freight winch since it is unprotected and does not have a mounting place.
You may need a plastic box or encasing to secure your circuit breaker from dust and water, and the circuit breaker can be disconnected at the push of a button. In addition, opt for a waterproof and resettable circuit breaker that will allow you to draw current at the full load.