Having a clean car is as healthy as having a clean house. Think of all the time you spend in your car and how the state of the interior parts affects your wellbeing. A clean dashboard gives a good impression as it is the first thing anyone sees when they step into your front seat. On the other hand, a thick layer of dust is not the best show.
BEST DASHBOARD CLEANER FOR CARS
Buy on Amazon
Many people overlook cleaning their dashboards, and if they do, they clean in a rush, mostly to save face. However, getting the best dashboard cleaner for cars will make your work significantly easier and give your interior a new look without leaving a greasy residue behind. We will give you the chance to transform your car's interior with this list of the best dashboard cleaners.
What is a Dashboard Cleaner?
The car's interior has many parts of different parts and materials. Some parts are made of wood, leather surfaces, cloth, wood or plastic. The dashboard is a sensitive area with electronics and surface materials that may be sensitive to the cleaning material. Car interior cleaners may do a good job, but you have to know the effects on the surface.
A good dashboard cleaner takes into account all the components of a dashboard. A microfiber towel is your best option for cleaning the car's dashboard and other upholstery parts. Car cleaning wipes can be your daily carry to keep your dashboard clean always. The center console is one particularly sensitive spot that you have to take good care of. Here are the best car dashboard cleaner options in the market today.
Best Dashboard Cleaner for Cars
1) Chemical Guys
- Cleans and protects virtually all car interior surfaces
- Gentle formula won't spot, stain, or etch sensitive materials
- Protects against fading and discoloration from harsh UV solar...
- Safe for dashboards, windshields, nav screens, leather, vinyl,...
Whenever you get your hands on a Chemical Guys product, you know you have found the right thing. Chemical Guys understand what goes into getting a car interior cleaned correctly. You can use the cleaner as an interior cleaner for any part inside the car. The multipurpose cleaner will eliminate dust and dirt without etching any sensitive surfaces. In addition, the gentle cleaner creates protection against harmful UV rays while getting rid of tough stains.
Image Source: chemicalguys.com
Clean the steering wheels, leather vinyl surfaces, nav screens, dashboards, windscreens, wood and more with this cleaner. No fading or discoloration will occur once you have used the cleaner, which will leave a treated surface that repels dust.
2) Car Guys Detailing Super Cleaner
- ✅ The Hype is Real! – Are you tired of using cleaners that...
- ✅ Replace your Cabinet of Chemicals! – Do you get confused by...
- ✅ Super Clean any Surface! – This multi surface product works...
- ✅ Why choose CAR GUYS? – We Care About Quality! Our products...
- ✅ We Care About Customer Satisfaction! – We're Not Happy, If...
Car Guys cleaning solution is the answer to all your dashboard cleaning problems. The cleaner will work better than you expect, with thousands of reviews to attest to that. Car Guys have the best replacement for the harsh chemical cleaners you have been exposed to before. In addition, the upholstery cleaner can work for many other surfaces in the car and is the ultimate interior cleaner to do all the cleaning jobs you have today. Car interior cleaners can not get any better than Car Guys.
Image Source: carguysdetail.com
3) Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer
- For fast touch-ups
- Cleans & protects all interior surfaces
- 16 oz spray
- Cleans & protects all interior surfaces
- Cleans & protects all interior surfaces
Cleaning your car should not be an event but a habit. Meguiar's is your best car interior cleaner for fast touchups that do not require a whole afternoon to undertake. Cleaning your car regularly is the best practice always to keep your car in its best shape. If you want to clean fast and on the go, you have your answer here.
Image Source: meguiars.com
4) Nextzett Cockpit Premium
- ✅ Cockpit Premium is not just a quick detailer for the interior...
- ✅ Use on armrests, the dashboard, steering wheel, instrument...
- ✅ Contains sun-blocking agents for long-term care and...
- ✅ Great for wiping down leather surfaces keeping them clean,...
- ✅ Formulated and made in Germany
Greasy residue, dust and dirt will always be the biggest culprits in the dashboard. However, body oils, fingerprints and UV rays are beyond just the clean cloth. Nextzett does more than the damp cloth ever will because of the special sun-blocking agents to provide UV protection to the dashboard. The next time you want to give your cockpit an upgraded look, Nextzett is your best bet.
Image Source: overeview.io
5) Turtle Wax Dash Cleaner
- Auto and Truck Maintenance
- Gentle formula neutralizes odors on contact
- Provides UVA/UVB protection for both the dash and glass
- This enables you to use single product for glass and interior...
A dirty interior comes with more than just dirt. Other car interior cleaners just do the cleaning but leave the odor behind. This is where Turtle Wax comes in. The cleaner leaves your car smelling nice and fresh. Better still, you can use the Turtle Wax as a glass cleaner, a feature that most cleaners do not have. The all-purpose cleaner is the one you want for a truly clean interior, including fresh air inside.
Image Source: turtlewax.com
Dashboard Cleaning Tips
Getting the best car interior cleaner is one thing. Using it well is another. If you use the cleaner wrongly, the interior surfaces will look worse than expected. Worse, you may damage some components if you go in with no clue about what you are supposed to be doing. Interior cleaning can be an art sometimes, and if you want to do it yourself, these tips and tricks will be of great value.
a) Clear the Rubbish
No one likes littering on the road, meaning the litter will have to stay in the car. For some reason, you will end up with all sorts of things on the dashboard of the car. The first thing you have to do before you think of cleaning the dashboard and center console is to clear out any litter that may be on the dashboard or any other surface. You want to tidy up first before you start cleaning. Think of the steps you follow when cleaning your house.
You may have recyclables or different types of trash. Put the trash in their correct bags straight away to save you the time you might have to take while sorting the trash out. You will notice significant neatness in the car once you tidy up and get rid of the rubbish. I consider tidying up as half the cleaning process.
b) Clean the Ventilation System
The air vents probably have dust hidden within. Your best move is to blast the dust from such areas in your car. If you do this after cleaning the interior surface first, you will have messed up your cleaning process. While you have various surfaces to clean, you want to start with the hidden ones.
Close off all the air vents and turn on the ignition. Next, please turn on the fan and set it to the highest speed. Open one vent at a time to dislodge any debris lodged in the vents. You can use a flat screwdriver with a cloth wrapped around it to clean the dust in the ventilation vents.
c) Clean the Dashboard
The dashboard suffers a lot more than other car parts. This is where the instrument panels are located, the steering wheel, controls and just a surface to place anything and everything. As a result, the dashboard will suffer from the sun's UV rays, fingerprints, stubborn stains, oily palms and more. Therefore, cleaning it will be a huge favor for this part of the car.
A soapy water solution would normally get the job done. However, you want to avoid hard sponges or the ones you use for domestic cleaning as these might damage the interior surface. The dashboard might have a matte finish on the leather, wood or plastic surfaces. Therefore, you want to be particular with how you go about this activity. If you have a leather interior, use a leather cleaner and conditioner for car interiors to avoid damage. The cleaning solution can damage or clean the surface.
Use the dedicated products we have outlined above to do the cleaning. Car dashboard cleaners are specific and up to the task because they create a protective layer that keeps the dashboard surface free from damage by UV rays.
The screens on the dashboards normally have an anti-glare surface that some cleaning solutions may damage. When cleaning the vehicle's interior, use the right solutions for the specified surfaces. For example, leather seats are far from equal to touch screens. A microfiber towel greatly reduces the risk of damage. Getting moisture inside these components is the last thing you want because they are electronic components. Ensure the cleaning cloth is dry to ensure extra protection of these parts. You will still have your dashboard shine when you do it right.
You want to clean the dashboard before vacuuming, as the surface's dust may make other surfaces like the floor mats dirty. Interior cleaning is one process that needs some strategy to it. One of the strategies is using a make-up brush to clean hard-to-reach vents that may be problematic when using a normal microfiber cloth for cleaning.
d) Clean the Touchpoints
There are some surfaces that you will always touch. Car owners have developed muscle memory when they touch these surfaces without realizing it. These surfaces include the steering wheel, the gear stick, buttons, indicators, the stereo and more. The central console touchscreen and buttons are normally the victims of a boring traffic jam. The sun visor gets one of those frequent touches too.
You want to pay close attention to these surfaces because they are susceptible to fading and fingerprints while they might be hard surfaces. Worse yet, these are the most contaminated surfaces. You want to use car cleaning wipes and your preferred cleaning solution when cleaning such surfaces. A soft cloth can get the job done as well. All the dashboard surfaces need a dry microfiber cloth to avoid any scratches on the surface when doing frequent cleaning.
If you are using a spray dashboard cleaner, spray it on the car cleaner cloth instead of directly on the dashboard. This is because the spray bottle contents are not electronic friendly. You want to avoid spraying the cleaning solution onto the windscreen either.
More Tips on Cleaning the Dashboard
An interior cleaner is just a tool that you can use in multiple ways. We will give you tips to make your cleaning more successful than otherwise. The goal is not only to see a difference once you have done cleaning, but the difference is to be on the positive side of the things you can not immediately see.
- Working in the shade prevents the cleaning solution from leaving streaks while drying up. If you have cleaned house windows before, you may have noticed this. Working in the shade will make the product react more naturally than in direct sunlight. The interior cleaner is a solution of different compounds that may not be as effective under direct sunlight.
- Do not use heavy or pungent cleaners. Remember, you are working in a confined space, and you need to protect your lungs. You are already dealing with dusty surfaces. Why make it worse?
- If you can remove the front seats, the better for you.
- Watch out for solvents when dealing with plastic or leather seats and surfaces. There are dashboards made of leather and wood surfaces.
- If you have used the glass cleaner, wait for it to dry first before wiping the surface, whether you are cleaning the door panels or the dashboard.
- Use a glazer for a wooden dashboard. The right dashboard cleaner is appropriate for rubber surfaces or any other material.
- Avoid applying dressing on top of the dashboard because it makes the dashboard shiny, which may cause a reflection of the sun when you are driving. You want to avoid this at all costs.
- Cotton swabs for hard-to-reach areas. Those are the ultimate interior detailer options you should know about.
- Demineralized water reduces stains.
- Set the sprayer to a stream when spraying it on a cloth.
- Remember, the steering wheel is the dirtiest on the dashboard. You may want to get a leather steering wheel cover for comfortable driving. Keep it clean all the time if you can.
The dashboard is where the brain of the car is, and all the electrical and electronic systems converge here. The dashboard is further in the line of sight of the passenger. Therefore, cleaning the dashboard is one activity that has to be done in a more intentional manner. This starts with picking the right cleaning agent and using the right technique. Always treat your car with the future in mind. What are the actions you are taking today going to mean in the near future?