Unless you are a car enthusiast, regularly washing your vehicle can be too tasking. Especially if you are still using the traditional means of a hose, nozzle, wash mitt and bucket of soapy water. Embracing technology by using a pressure washer and the best foam cannon, you can dramatically reduce the time it takes to wash your car.
If a product that allows you to save time when removing dirt and grime from your vehicle is not convincing enough, there are other advantages of using a foam cannon. Additionally, we have outlined the major considerations you need to make when buying one. Plus, you can go through our list of the best foam cannons to find one that suits your car washing needs.
Why Use a Foam Cannon?
- The best foam cannon will give you a wide range of applications. For instance, you can decide to clean your roof, sidewalk or driveway.
- The bucket and wash mitt method use too much water and soap, especially if your car has more dirt than usual. A foam cannon can still store the soap you have not used for later. With a bucket, you will need to dump it out, even if you have not used it up.
- Car washing can sometimes lead to paint scratching if elbow grease is required when using the wash mitt. The best foam cannon should coat and lubricate your vehicle while the active ingredients in the soap act on the dirt. Once done, you can preserve your paint job since you will not need to put much effort into scrubbing it down.
5 Best Foam Cannons
1. DUSICHIN Foam Cannon SFL-001
- Adjustable foam cannon foam lance with 1/4" quick disconnection...
- Requires Pressure Washer to Have 1.2GPM & Over 1000 PSI Pressure...
- All the connectors are made of quality brass
- Variable, adjustable Spray Nozzle for accurate mixing and foam...
- New Heavy Duty Design, ideal for enthusiast or professional use
The best foam cannon on our list is the DUSICHIN SFL-001 which offers two impressive features. For starters, its foam lance uses brass connectors to ensure the connection to the pressure washer is tight. Also, the material enhances the build quality of the product, making it durable enough for heavy-duty professional use.
Secondly, its bottle has a 33-ounce capacity which is enough to ensure you clean a normal-sized vehicle more than once before you need to refill it. Hence, you can get through washing your car quickly.
The model works with a quarter-inch quick connect fitting while the foam lance can handle pressure washers pumping out more than 1,000 PSI and about 1.2 GPM of high pressure. The adjustable nozzle on the DUSCHIN Foam Cannon makes it easy to use different settings for foam thickness.
2. Twinkle Star Foam Cannon 1L Bottle Snow Foam Lance
- ATTENTION: NOT FIT GARDEN HOSE or WATER HOSE. Adjustable Foam...
- ATTENTION: NOT FIT GARDEN HOSE or WATER HOSE. Humanized Design:...
- 5 Nozzles Tips: With 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap-degree(65°) jet...
- Easy to Use: Put some liquid soap and water to a ratio of you...
- Widely Used: Perfect for car cleaning, windows washing,...
The Twinkle Star Foam Cannon comes with a quarter-inch quick connect fitting and five additional nozzle tips. The tips allow you to adjust the spray pattern to 0, 15, 25, 40 and 65-degree jet varieties. A knob adds more control in the amount of foam produced by tweaking the ratio of soap to water.
The versatility of the Twinkle Star fittings makes washing your car fun! You can use the adjustable foam cannon to ease other cleaning tasks like your fence or driveway. Also, the foam lance core and nozzle tips are made from brass, high-quality material used in heavy-duty applications.
Consequently, this product is rated to work with pressure washers that pump out a minimum of 2 GPM and withstand high pressure at 1,000 PSI. Additionally, the wide neck bottle design makes it easier to fill and mix water and soap.
3. Chemical Guys Torq Foam Blaster 6
- Foamy fun: If you love cars, then a clean car brings you nothing...
- The Detailer's Secret: Car wash foam is one of the...
- Stop scratching your paint: Over 95 percent of swirls and...
- Adjustable foam concentration: The foam gun combines the soapy...
- The No.1 Brand in car care: Beginners and professionals alike...
The Torq Foam Blaster 6 from Chemical Guys is one of the best foam cannons on the market that does not rely on pressure washers to function. The product can hook up to any standard garden hose without additional machinery or tools. Thus, this foam gun is ideal for people who do not want to spend that much to replace the traditional bucket and wash mitt method for washing their car.
The Chemical Guys Torq Foam Blaster 6 uses a one-liter container with a wide neck to fill the bottle with soap and water easily. The adjustable foam dial allows you to tweak the concentration of any solution. Finally, the spray nozzle is designed to accommodate any garden hose and negate the need for an adapter.
If you are tired of carrying a bucket every time you need to wash your car, this Chemical Guys foam gun is for you! The quick-connect fitting is designed to last, thanks to the high-quality materials.
4. TriNova Foam Cannon
- ✅ EASY TO USE - just fill up the reservoir bottle with soap,...
- ✅ GREAT FOR CAR WASHING - Soak your ride in a mountain of suds...
- ✅ WIDE NECK WONT CRACK - Scroll through the images of all the...
- ✅ QUALITY - Made by TriNova, a brand synonymous with high...
- ✅ 100% SATISFACTION WARRANTY - At TriNova, we strive to make...
Typically, products that claim to be one of the best foam cannons suffer from a design flaw. The devices often start cracking, especially at the neck, after prolonged use. Hence, you will need to buy a new one every so often, more so if you run a car wash service.
The TriNova Foam Cannon features an extra-wide neck to enable it to sustain high pressure when used regularly. The increase in size ensures it does not crack then start leaking the soap and water solution. Thus, you can use the foam cannon more frequently to clean your roof, sidewalk or driveway.
The device is designed to fit many pressure washers thanks to the quarter-inch quick connect female adapter. Make car washing quicker with the easy-to-use foam cannon. Fill the bottle with soap and water, then attach it to a sprayer. Use the knob at the top to tweak the air intake for the spray nozzle to produce more or less foam.
5. Tool Daily Pressure Washer Foam Cannon
- Tool Daily 1/4" quick disconnection Foam Cannon with white...
- EASY to install: fill some soap into the bottle with warm water...
- Additional orifice nozzle: Backup foam cannon orifice nozzle...
- Application: ideal for Motorcycle, Car Washing; Roofs, Driveways,...
- Correlation: hot release no tips bucket filter sealant wax...
If you want the best foam cannon that offers thicker suds at a PSI lower than 2,500, look no further than the Tool Daily Pressure Washer Foam Cannon. This device comes with an original orifice nozzle that is 1.25 mm in size and an additional 1.1 mm. The latter-sized nozzle can help you achieve more foam thickness from pressure washers producing between 1,000 PSI and 2,500 PSI.
This product is compatible with most pressure washers, thanks to the quarter-inch quick disconnection fitting. The bottle of the foam blaster has a wider mouth to protect it from cracking when used regularly. Also, the opening allows you to add warm water and easily measure the amount of soap you need for washing your car.
This device gives you more control through the adjustable snow foam spray nozzle. Change the spray pattern and regulate the foam thickness you want by adjusting the air intake knob. Plus, the brass fittings and well-made bottle enhance the device's durability, allowing you to use it for washing other things that require soaking.
What You Should Know Before You Buy a Foam Cannon
a) Build Quality
Washing your car can often take a large chunk of your time if you want to be thorough. As such, you will be holding the foam cannon for a long time. Thus, you must find one with a bottle that has an ergonomic design for comfort when using.
Every time you use a foam cannon, you will be subjecting it to the force generated by the pressure washer. Consequently, you need to find a product with high build quality to ensure the cannon does not break down after a few uses. Brass is the most preferred material for manufacturing durable connectors that do not leak.
Of course, you need to take care of your foam cannon after using it if you want to prolong its lifespan. Typically, drying out the components when you are done with washing is recommended. However, the excellent build quality should be your first concern when buying the cannon.
b) Minimum Pressure Requirement
Using a foam cannon depends on its minimum pressure requirement. For instance, many foam guns are rated to work with pressure washers with a water flow rate of at least 2 GPM. This rating tells you how much water will be flowing through the device each minute.
Additionally, the pressure that a foam cannon can handle is often denoted in PSI. A light to medium duty pressure washer can deliver about 1,000 PSI to 2,500 PSI. Heavy-duty models can go to upwards of 3,000 PSI.
The orifice size of the nozzle also plays a role in balancing the choice between a foam cannon and a pressure washer. Most foam cannons come with 1.25 mm orifices which are designed for accommodating standard pressure washers. The general rule of thumb is if you have a higher pressure, you need a larger-sized orifice.
Ensure you match your pressure washer to the foam cannon you want to buy. Otherwise, you might not get the desired car washing experience as the foam gun will not produce the suds necessary to remove dirt.
The best foam cannon should enable you to wash your vehicle after filling the bottle once. Typically, most foam cannons will have a capacity of about 1 liter or 33 ounces. This capacity is often enough to ensure that you can get about two washes from the initial soap solution you create.
People who ran a professional car wash should look out for larger-sized foam cannons. The increased capacity is essential to ensure you save time you would have used to create your soap solution frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Foam Cannons
1. Do foam cannons work?
A foam cannon is designed to coat surfaces with a layer of soap so that the active ingredients can work their magic more effectively. Hence, you can get through washing the car much faster as the hard task of scrubbing it down will not be necessary. Also, A foam cannon is a sensible investment if you want to make the chore more fun.
2. Do you need a pressure washer to use a foam cannon?
Most foam cannons on the market require a pressure washer to work. However, some products like the Torq Foam Blaster 6 from Chemical Guys work with a standard garden hose. It is vital to figure out the specific PSI rating for your pressure washer before buying a foam cannon. If you do not want to invest in one, you can get a product that gets the job done without the pressure washer.