A bike rack can be installed on almost any vehicle. It is a clever way of utilizing space, especially since storage is an issue everywhere you go. While no specific bike rack is universal, most bike racks are adjustable. So, if you need a bike rack for beach cruiser bikes, look no further. We have compiled the best bike racks.
Best Bike Racks to Use On Beach Cruisers
Buy on Amazon
Why Should I Install A Bike Rack?
Generally speaking, installing a rear bike rack doesn't take much time. It also doesn't require many tools. Furthermore, it is very easy when it comes to installation. It is practically a 15-minute thing. The assembly is usually very straightforward, and some models come pre-assembled.
Not everywhere can be accessed via bike. For example, pro cyclists need to practice in different terrains. This is usually in an effort to increase fitness and endurance. Therefore looking for challenging terrains is important for their careers. Getting to these terrains, however, requires a vehicle.
Additionally, installing a bike rack clears up more space for any other passengers. Furthermore, there are only a few vehicles that can fit a whole bike. So most of the time, the more logical answer is to install a bike rack to help you transport your bike from one area to the next. So let's have a look at some of the best bike rack for your beach cruiser bike.
Embed video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMSSSyKfrew
Beach Cruiser Bike Racks
1) Vibrelli Electric Bike Hitch Rack
- Ebike Compatible - holds two bikes each weighing 65 lbs (130 lbs...
- Convenient Tilt Down & Fold Up - Quick release pedal tilts down...
- Triple Lock Security - Three locking mechanisms to keep your...
- Patented Anti-Wobble Hitch - Locks the rack to the hitch receiver...
- Ironclad Warranty - Backed by a 10-year manufacturers warranty...
The V70 Sportbike hitch rack is a heavy-duty rack that's perfect for all bikes. This includes e-bikes. It's designed to carry two bikes with a maximum weight of 130-lbs, which translates to 65-lbs per bike. The advanced functionality of features including quick-release tilt down and fold up. The key locking secures your bikes as well.
Furthermore, it also has custom-engineered cradles that fit all tires and a patented anti-wobble hitch. The triple locking features keep your bikes safe, and there is a spare key included. A super-strong safety strap is also included, so you can feel confident your bikes are always secured. Finally, this bike rack is built to be durable.
2) Allen Sports 3-Bike Hitch Rack
- 3 bike rack fits vehicles with either a 1.25 or 2 inch trailer...
- 16 inch long carry arms individually secure bicycles with Allen's...
- Folding carry arms quickly drop out of the way when rack is not...
- Rack sets up and installs in less than 5 minutes
- Sturdy steel construction with black powder coat finish; Lifetime...
This Allen hitch rack includes the hardware to securely install the rack into your receiver hitch on your vehicle. Additionally, the included no-wobble bolt that is included will allow you to fully tighten the rack in place. The individual tie-down security system secures and protects your bicycles for as long as you want.
The best thing about the individual tie-down system is that they are fixed in position on the carry arm. However, they can rotate so that they can simultaneously engage a wide range of bicycle frame sizes and styles. For greater flexibility, the arms fold down, therefore, providing ease when using your vehicle with the rack installed.
3) XCAR 2-Bike Universal Hitch Mounted Bike, Carrier
- Heavy duty steel construction.2.5mm carry arm tube max load to...
- Folding carry arm design allows the rack’s arms to be folded up...
- Adjustable mounting saddles.Please ensure mounting saddles is...
- Convenient access to rear of vehicle with easy-to-use tilt-down...
- Fits for vehicle's standard 2 inch trailer hitch. Include 1 x...
This hitch mount bike carrier easily accommodates up to two bikes or more. The carrier also has adjustable mounting saddles. It also accommodates bicycles of a wide range of frame sizes and designs. The carry arms on your bike rack can be easily folded down out of the way when not in use.
In addition, you don't have to remove your bikes to access the back of your truck or SUV. This is because the rack tilts back for easy lift-gate access and folds out of the way completely when not in use. The durable rubber straps firmly secure your bike in place and can also be adjusted to fit different sizes of bikes.
4) MaxxHaul 50027 Hitch Mount Bike Rack
- Includes two foam-padded hooks to secure and stabilize bikes to...
- Vertical post can be quickly removed for compact storage
- Bike tire cradles can be adjusted along horizontal bars using...
- Fits Class III and IV standard 2" hitch receivers. 80 lbs Maximum...
- Fit Type: Universal Fit.Patent Pending.PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND...
The MaxxHaul 2-bike platform-style hitch mount bike rack is ideal for SUVs, trucks, and sedans. The unique hook design adjustments are quick hitch pins that assist in accommodating different-sized bike frames. This is important for safe and reliable transport. In addition, the bike rack has hooks and tire cradles that can adjust to fit most bike frames with 20 to26-inch wheel sizes.
The mount also has adjustable rubber straps on the bike cradle to provide stability and added safety. Furthermore, the vertical post can be easily removed for super-quick and compact storage. Finally, a hitch tightener is included in the package to reduce if not eliminate hitch play, wobbling and any hitch noise.
5) Tyger Auto TG-RK3B203S Deluxe 3-Bike Rack
- 100% assembled. Fits most Sedans/Hatchbacks/Minivans and SUV's....
- Designed to fit 3 bikes (Max 99lb capacity) with sturdy and handy...
- Individual soft cradles made to protect your bike frame and...
- Easy installation in minutes. (DIY instruction included in...
- TYGER No-Hassle Limited Lifetime Warranty for US customers!
The Tyger bike rack is well made with individual soft cradles that are made to protect your bike frame and secure your bikes. There are straps included which maintain a sturdy rack. There are also additional straps. At a maximum collective capacity of 99-lbs, this bike rack has space for at least 3 bikes.
The assembly and installation instructions are very easy to follow. This means you can mount the bike rack in a few minutes. However, a slight rattling is normal when driving. Therefore, the long-lasting rubber bumpers protect your vehicle from any scratches and dents caused by the rack.
How To Choose A Bike Rack
a) Types Of Racks
There are two types of bike racks. First, there are platform bike racks and hanging bike racks.
a1) Platform Bike Racks
Platforms can hold 1-4 bikes, and they make minimal frame contact. Furthermore, they can also accommodate a variety of bikes, including kid's bikes. Platform bike racks make it much easier to load and unload bikes compared to hanging bike racks. Additionally, this type of rack is also easy to load because it's relatively low to the ground.
This is easy, so you don't have to lift bikes too high to load them. Lastly, platform bike racks are a great option if you want to protect your bike's finish in order to maintain its warranty.
a2) Hanging Bike Racks
Hanging bike racks can typically hold between two to six bikes at once. They are a great option for some people, especially because they cost less than platform racks. Additionally, they also weigh less than platform-style racks. They are perfect if you don't care much for your vehicle's paintwork because they typically make frame contact.
Most hanging bike racks support bikes by their frames, so the bike hangs from its top tube. These hanging racks work best on standard-frame bikes. For other specialized bikes and kids' bikes, you might need to make a few changes and adjustments.
b) Types Of Receiver
There are three types of receivers—class I to iii hitches. Your bike rack should be compatible with both the weight class and the consecutive hitch receiver size. If you don't know the exact class of your hitch, you can determine it based on your hitch's capacity. The capacity is usually indicated on your vehicle on a sticker.
The hitch classes are as:
- Class I Hitches: Up to 2k-lbs capacity, 1-1/4" receiver size
- Class II Hitches: Up to 3,500-lbs, 1-1/4" receiver size
- Class III Hitches: Up to 8,000-lbs, 2" receiver size
c) Vehicle Compatibility
If you have an extended bumper or a spare tire, you should first do some research to determine the best rack for your requirements. Additionally, some racks have a tilt-away options that allow you to access the luggage in your vehicle. Furthermore, you should select a rack that will allow you ample ground clearance.
Furthermore, if you drive a lower vehicle, ground clearance becomes very important. No one wants to damage their paint job and chassis. For a lower vehicle, a bike rack with one of the built-in rise in the shank will make all the difference.
d) Bike Rack Capacity
Depending on the type of bike rack you have, they usually have a specific number of bikes you can load on them. Do not exceed this limit. Exceeding the limit could potentially damage your vehicle and bike rack. Not to mention, you could endanger other motorists.
The Bottom Line
There are a lot of variations of bike racks. Additionally, they are usually very easy to install. Either way, whatever type of bike rack you select it should meet your preferences. Hitch installation is super easy, and you can't go wrong, especially since they come pre-installed.